Disneyland® Travel Tips for the Perfect Holiday Getaway
Planning a trip to Disneyland® for the holidays can be both exciting and stressful. Fortunately, we’ve got some helpful travel tips you can use to make your trip go smoothly and create lots of fun and memorable moments. Here’s what to know.
Top Tips When Going to Disneyland® in December
Disneyland® is a magical place during the holidays, but it can also be very crowded. Here are some things you can do to cut wait times and improve your experience:
- Plan ahead. Have a good idea of what’s available where you’re going so you can easily navigate to the places you want to go. Consider investing in Disney® Genie+ to maximize the time available during your vacation.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. Wait times can be long in both parks this time of year, so it’s important to have a schedule of what you’re doing and when. Then, make sure you follow it.
- Consider going on a rainy day. Rainy days are great at Disneyland® if you’re looking for low crowds and wait times. The best weather is a light or inconsistent rain that keeps most people away but is easy to navigate with an umbrella.
What to See
Both parks have unique seasonal specials and knowing ahead of time what you want to see and what attractions are most important to you and your family is key to making the most of your time at the park. Below is an easy reference guide for the different festive offerings at each park:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks
- Haunted Mansion Holiday
- “It’s a small world” Holiday Lighting
Disney® California Adventure Park:
- Disney® Festival of Holidays
- Disney® ¡Viva Navidad!
- World of Color – Season of Light
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree
Your Disneyland® Christmas Foodie Guide
Disneyland® is famous for their fun themed restaurants and delicious meals, and there’s nothing as good as a plate brimming full of Disney® holiday food. Check out these must-have treats from the Disneyland® holiday menu 2023:
- Egg nog slush with Rumchata
- Gingerbread man French macarons
- Peppermint hot chocolate
- Christmas punch
- Turkey pot pie soup
- Caldo de Pollo
- Apple spice churros
- Braised beef poutine
Book Your Holiday Stay Today at Tropicana Inn & Suites
Tropicana Inn & Suites offers comfortable, affordable rooms and suites within walking distance of Disneyland®, so you can get in and out of the park easily during your stay. Contact us to book your room today while they’re still available by visiting our website or calling Reservations at (714) 635-4082.