New Protocols at Disneyland® & Tropicana Inn & Suites
As Disneyland® begins to reopen following the COVID-19 pandemic, you may wonder what to expect when you visit this spring and summer. Here are several things you can prepare for before booking your first trip back to Disneyland® Resort.
At the Park
Visiting Disneyland® in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic will be a little different from before. To make the parks safer, many changes have been made to allow for social distancing and sanitization throughout each area.
Before coming into the park, guests will be required to:
- Present a park reservation and a valid ticket at the time of check in. Disneyland® is currently not offering walk-in admissions.
- Be a California resident. Until the park fully opens, only California residents with a valid ID or driver’s license will be allowed to make reservations.
- Be in a group of three (3) households or less. Large groups of multiple households visiting the park together are currently prohibited.
- Participate in a health screening. This simple screening takes less than a minute and only requires park staff to check your temperature, ask you about common coronavirus symptoms, and determine if you’ve come into contact with any COVID-19 positive patients or patients who are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
If you have any questions about new park protocols or special accommodations, contact Disney Guest Services. Knowing what to expect and planning ahead is key to making the most of your return (or first time!) to Disneyland® after COVID-19.
Throughout the park, you may see:
- Signage directing you where to stand to maintain social distancing in lines for restaurants and rides. Look for these signs and follow their directions to minimize confusion.
- Park employees requesting guideline violators to comply. You may see Disneyland® staff request that people move away from each other to maintain social distancing or to put masks on in mandated areas as they work to keep the park safe for everyone.
- Extra handwashing and hand sanitizing stations.
At Your Hotel
Tropicana Inn & Suites is conveniently located across the street from the main entrance of Disneyland®, making it a great place to stay while you’re enjoying everything the park has to offer. New COVID-19 safety protocols help keep you and other hotel guests safer, so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Expect the following guidelines to be in place during your visit:
- We kindly ask guests to wear masks/face coverings and practice social distancing in the Lobby, pool area and public spaces.
- Only one person per family is permitted in the Lobby at a time. (Exceptions can be made for children.)
- Your room will be cleaned and sanitized according to the hotel’s new safety and cleanliness policies.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Extra towels and linens will be provided upon request.
- It is imperative pool protocol is adhered to in order to remain open.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Happiest Place on Earth! Book your stay today.